Go out into the world!
Investigating the puddles and exploring the snow! Climbing the tallest trees and clambering up the steepest hills! Do it, we shout to our children with optimistic encouragement, but do it with dry feet and a sure step! This is why we developed the RiCHTEX membrane: So your little explorers stand on sturdy footing and so that you, dear parents, can sit back and relax.
- Guaranteed 100% waterproof: Our innovative RiCHTEX membrane exceeds the required norm for waterproofing 30-fold! For us, when it comes to protecting children’s feet, there is no room for being half-hearted.
- RiCHTEX is a genuinely intelligent technology: Manufactured using a specially designed polyester compound, our membrane is waterproof on the one hand, and efficiently wicks away moisture at the same time. This is simply transported away along the molecule chains.
- Since the RiCHTEX membrane has a non-porous surface structure, it is also guaranteed windproof. This microscopic textile structure ensures that warmth stays in the shoe so even the lowest external temperatures do not feel as cold.
Anyone spending a lot of time outdoors has special requirements in terms of their shoes: you should keep your feet dry whatever the weather and optimally regulate your body temperature regardless of the external environment or the activity you are pursuing. That’s why Sympatex has designed a special membrane which absorbs water vapour and directs it outwards through the shoes, but already stops on the surface any water that might enter from the outside. Sympatex offers top performance with a maximum of ecology:
- 100% waterproof
- 100% windproof
- optimum breathability
- 100% recyclable
- certified to Oeko-Tex standard 100
Richter models which are available in sizes 17 to 35 come with a removable insole. This has the advantage that you can easily find out whether the model chosen is the right size when the shoes are tried on. It’s quite easy: simply remove the insole, put the child’s foot on it and check the size.
This is also how you can quickly and easily exchange standard insoles, if necessary, for orthopaedic inlay soles.
FitMI – fits me individually
In addition to the removable insole, each shoe also features a second midsole made out of fleece. As a result, you can adjust the optimum fit to your child’s needs and individualise the shoe. Removing this midsole increases the total internal volume of the shoe. This equates to a further width size, more or less. For this reason, the FitMI system is particularly suitable for children with a high instep.
This is what you do:
- Using the removable insole, check the shoe size and try on the shoe.
- If the width of the shoe is OK, both soles will remain unchanged in the shoe.
- If the shoe is too narrow, but has the correct length, remove the white midsole. This will give your child’s feet plenty of room to develop fully.